How to Use as a Marinade
Olive oil & balsamic vinegar (mixed or alone) make a great marinade. They both tenderize meat & infuse them with fresh flavor. Make your marinade using a ratio of 1/3 balsamic to 2/3 olive oil. Marinate poultry and fish for no more than 3 hours. Pork, beef, and lamb can be marinated for up to 24 hours.Be creative with marinating. Poultry, pork, and chicken are delicious with fruit Marinades – like Persian Lime Olive Oil with Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar or Meyer Lemon Olive Oil with Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar.
Pork has a somewhat neutral flavor that takes on the flavors of herbs, fruits & savory Marinades. You may like Pork marinated in Rosemary Olive Oil with Garlic, Cilantro Balsamic Vinegar or Blood Orange Olive Oil with Cinnamon Pear Balsamic.Richer meats like a juicy sirloin or lamb need a hearty marinade. Some favorites are:
- Bacon Olive Oil with Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar (or kick it up a bit by using Roasted Chili Olive Oil)
- Italian Herb Olive Oil with 25-year old Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- Roasted Chile Olive Oil or Roasted Garlic with Black Walnut Balsamic
- Bacon Olive Oil with Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- Sun-Dried Tomato, Parmesan and Garlic Olive Oil with Garlic Cilantro Balsamic