Fettucine with Truffle Oil
- 4 quarts water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound of Fettucine
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons white or black truffle garlic oil
- 1/4 pound Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives or finely chopped green onions or scallions (green part only)
- Optional: black or white truffle, shaved.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees In a large pot, bring the water and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 2 to 4 minutes. Drain and place in a mixing bowl, add the 1/3 cup of the truffle oil, 3/4 cup of the cheese, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, the black pepper, and chives and toss to mix. To serve, garnish with the shaved truffle, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons truffle oil, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Serve immediately.